In the same way you can cut, copy and paste objects, you can also do this with entire Clips. This makes it very convenient to reuse or move pieces of content or groups of objects.
There are a couple of ways to copy and paste a Clip:
- Select a clip on the Stage. You can select a clip by simply clicking on 'Clip 1' on the timeline. Or left of the timeline by clicking on 'Clip 1' as well.
Then use the following standard key combinations:
- on a Windows PC: use Ctrl+X, Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V to cut, copy or paste the object
- on a Mac: use Cmd+X, Cmd+C and Cmd+V to cut, copy or paste the object
2. You can also use the icons above the Stage to cut, copy and paste a Clip:
Clips will be pasted as follows:
- on the Stage: at the same place as the original Clip objects
- on the Timeline: where the red Playhead is
Once pasted, you can rename the Clip, if you wish. Just double-click its name and enter a new name: